Skip to main content

Summer Break 2017, Day 3 of 83: Naive Bayes?

Did Thomas Bayes ever think a small part to proving God's existence would be used in machines to classify data? I don't know, and most of us don't care. I'm waiting to use this and other algorithms in production to something I can showcase.

Progress

I am almost done with the second lesson of Udacity's introduction to machine learning course. The lesson, titled "Naive Bayes" reveals exactly the topic of discussion. Continuing with my goal, I've taken detailed notes about an example relating to the probability of having cancer based on a test.

Because of my excitement, I've created a Python virtual environment for machine learning-related packages including TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, and numpy. I've already played around with inputting different values into a Bayes classifier.

In terms of scheduling, today was actually a bland day with only four events (besides this) scheduled. Tomorrow has eight activities to occupy my day including learning more about machine learning, learning linear algebra, and working on my introduction to data analysis. 


I'm getting better with the time. I'll probably reschedule my machine learning course earlier in the day to give me time to unwind in the evening. Either way, good night, world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's a TSI Test?

I took the TSI test on Wednesday, but I wasn't the first one in the lab to finish. I blame my proctor's slowness at informing me on some prerequisites that Administration didn't inform me about and my own apathy to a test that didn't seem to put up much of a fight. Three other people beat me to the punch, but I still managed to finish before the end of third period. Since this test doesn't involve a non-disclosure agreement that people really don't care about anyway , I'll talk about the contents of the test. There's nothing too interesting about the test. I likely could have gotten a perfect score if I tried, and that's not just me being cocky. There was no advanced math on the test (nothing higher than algebra), but the reading sections are slightly more comprehensive than the STAAR test's. I literally mean slightly more comprehensive; the STAAR test is more fiction-oriented while the TSI's reading (I think) only consists of nonfiction pas...

My First AP Test

In around 10–15 minutes, I will begin the AP Physics 1 exam. It's questionable whether I'll obtain a score of five, but I know I can easily obtain a four. Does MIT or Caltech or Stanford or whoever care if I obtain a five? Well, I know MIT doesn't even care if I take the test as they only accept credit for a five on the AP Physics C exam. As for the others, I probably should've done some research. That doesn't matter now. I just looked over my mock test with another highly intelligent student, and we both know we can easily obtain a four. I know how torque works; I know how movement in two dimensions works; heck, I even remember​ how to build a DC circuit. Kirchoff has nothing on me. I know that the junction rule states that a circuit's input current must equal it's output. I understand that resistors have the same current in a series but the same voltage in parallel. I am going to perform very well. (As long as I don't bomb the free-response quest...

Good Morning

It's a bright new day in 2017, and I've finally decided to host some public record of my life to preserve what little scraps of me survive after my death (that is if my consciousness isn't uploaded to data center by then). Slight morbidity aside, my ambitions for world domination are intensifying daily as I sit in my chair, mumbling to myself about ideas only a few in a hundred mile radius would even care about or understand. Current State of Affairs Without exposing any bank account-vital security question information, I'll discuss the most easily recognizable parts of my life: I live in Converse, TX , a small town of around 20,000 whose only job is to contribute to the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area; basically, my municipality exists to act as a statistic. I attend Samuel Clemens High School as a sophomore who can't engage in many if any extracurricular events because of the following reason. During evenings, I attend my father's (master...