Skip to main content

Summer Break 2017, Day 2 of 83: All Hail the Schedule

I think the plan's working; I'm already motivated to accomplish everything I've planned in The Schedule. Thanks to Google Calendar, I have the flexibility to change what I do on a daily basis.
(I know, it's like I'm a spokesperson for Google right now, but you haven't seen half of it.) With Calendar's goals feature, I specify frequency and position of goals I want to accomplish, and machine learning ensures the times work out for me. Sure, it's a bit finicky right now, but at least I didn't have to make a hundred something event times for goals that don't have entirely consistent definite start and end time.


MOOCs and More

Because of my existing knowledge and experience with Udacity, I've decided to use their online courses to enrich my currently unstructured learning.

Here's everything scheduled to be completed during the summer:
  • Introduction to Machine Learning (the big one, the real thing I want to accomplish)
  • Introduction to Deep Learning (I hope to at least start this by the end of the summer)
  • Intro to Data Analysis (more like a prelude to Intro to Data Science)
  • Intro to Data Science (so I can learn to love big data) 
  • Introduction to Descriptive Statistics
  • Introduction to Inferential Statistics
I'm dedicated to treating these MOOCs as real courses of learning. I'm taking notes during them and actively suppressing distractions to ensure I fully understand what's going on.

Khan Academy

I'm using Khan Academy to touch up on my existing math skills (yes, even addition of mixed numbers and geometric transformations). I've begun with fourth grade math and I'm working my way up to algebra and AP Calculus BC (because AB is for skrubs).

As much as I would like to keep my mind sharp, my primary goal is to learn linear algebra since I know I won't be taught it in high school. Vectors are important to computer science to say the least, so I'm going to push myself to learn a topic which I think should be introduced in Algebra II.

I'm going to make sure these posts appear on a more consistent, timely schedule (10:30-11:00).
Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Break 2017, Day 6: Internet Presence

Over the course of 15 hours, I've become very conscious of my presence on the internet, and it all began with my father unintentionally showing the reach of various actions I've taken around the web. He originally tried to show me some records of his grandfather, but he eventually showed me Google image search results of himself, and I, of course, ended up appearing in the results since my name is literally a superset of his. I soon realized that comments I've made on YouTube videos have been indexed by Google. Internet privacy is a one-way street: you can park on the side, or you can keep driving down, but going the other direction requires immense amounts of work. The farther up the street you travel, the farther you've lost your privacy. Going up the street will let you access a greater amount of destinations, but the moment you wish to hide yourself from the people you don't want to find you, you can't just switch the gear into reverse and drive up the str

Good Morning

It's a bright new day in 2017, and I've finally decided to host some public record of my life to preserve what little scraps of me survive after my death (that is if my consciousness isn't uploaded to data center by then). Slight morbidity aside, my ambitions for world domination are intensifying daily as I sit in my chair, mumbling to myself about ideas only a few in a hundred mile radius would even care about or understand. Current State of Affairs Without exposing any bank account-vital security question information, I'll discuss the most easily recognizable parts of my life: I live in Converse, TX , a small town of around 20,000 whose only job is to contribute to the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area; basically, my municipality exists to act as a statistic. I attend Samuel Clemens High School as a sophomore who can't engage in many if any extracurricular events because of the following reason. During evenings, I attend my father's (master&